I have been so busy that I missed the first Blogiversary of two of my blogs this month!
Happy Blogiversary to Chicago Family History! It turned one on June 25!
So many things have happened in my genealogy world since last June it makes my head spin!
What are those things you ask?
- I started two blogs. This one and Family History Research. Family History Research celebrated its first Blogiversary on June 5.
- I started a professional genealogy business, Generations.
- I wrote and published a book To Soar with the Tigers, about my cousin Robert Brouk. There are a few signed hardcover copies left. You can find them on my Generations website.
- Not only did I write a book but I have had several articles published in various society magazines and journals this year.
- I started lecturing as part of my business.
- I added house histories as a part of my business. If you have a home older than 100 years in Downers Grove and would like to receive recognition from the Village of Downers Grove, please contact me about how to do that.
- My client base has slowly grown and I have lectures booked for early 2012.
While the business aspect has been exciting, the social networking side of it has been fabulous! I have met many people online through blogs, FaceBook and Twitter, who are interested in the same things I am. Genealogy became a less solitary pursuit. Many of these people I have met in person or will meet very soon. The Geneablogger community is very friendly and willing to help each other out in so many ways.
I am very blessed to be a part of this great community and plan to continue blogging for many years to come. I hope you will join me!
- Tuesday’s Tip – Connect Online (chicagofamilyhistory.wordpress.com)